Lyndol has worked in the education industry for over 17 years; 7 years in the Educational Publishing Industry as a Photo Researcher, the last 10 as a teacher of the creative arts.
She’s made a career out of composing and performing music as well as teaching piano, voice, music theory, and composition and expression to people of all of ages in both private lessons and classroom settings.
Currently, she’s a vocal and piano instructor at the Brooklyn Conservatory where she combines French and American musical teaching techniques to create a balanced and wholistic learning environment.
She also offers in home Private lessons in the Park Slope/Gowanus/Ditmas Park areas of Brooklyn. Skype lessons.
Contact for more information. Meanwhile see what people are saying about her work:
"I would highly recommend Ms Lyndol Descant as a voice and piano teacher. In truth, we would hire her back instantly should she ever move back to Texas. Actually, we wish she was staying in Texas!
Her students love her; her attitude and professionalism are outstanding.
She has consistently been the teacher with the most referrals and any music studio would be lucky to have her as a part of their staff."
Director, Pro Music Instruction
We feel so fortunate to have had Lyndol as a voice and piano instructor. I have 2 teenage sons who are both musically inclined in different areas. Lyndol has a special ability to identify their interests and skills, inspire and challenge them to meet goals while using positive affirmations. They both absolutely LOVED working with her. She is a wealth of information and reinforces the importance of practice. They received a solid foundation under her instruction!
Susan Lee, Spring, TX
Sept 2014 - Present
New York, NY
- Freelance Musician, Photographer and Artist
- Music Instructor at the Brooklyn Conservatory of Music
- Composer/Band Leader for The Descant Trio
- Pianist/Back Up Vocalist for Sweet Soubrette
- Staff Photographer for OLR.com
- Illustrator for www.artville.us (a site dedicated to the emotional needs of the modern teenager)
- Creator and Instructor of Young Hitmakers Music Workshop
Sept 2012 - Sept 2015
New York, NY
- Music Teacher for Play and Learn Pre-school
- Zumba Instructor for Leapsmart
- Music Instructor, School of Rock, Manhattan, Rosehill Music Academy
- Music Instructor/Music Arranger, KTS Music School, Ridgewood
- Theater Teacher for Young Players Theater, Brooklyn
- Pianist/Back up Vocalist for World Impact International
- Rock Band Teacher for Wingspan
Sept 2010 – August 2012
- Private Voice and Piano Lessons – Pro-Music Instruction Studio, In Home Music Lessons
- Music and Movement Early Development Classes – Creekside Cottage
- Music Teacher at Tottenberry’s Private School (Ages 6 mths to 8yrs)
Spring 2006 – June 2010
- Conservatoire de Musique Marietta Albon – Private Piano Lessons
- Freelance Private Lessons – Voice and Piano
- Soneo Formation – Private Lessons Instructor
Fall 1998– Summer 2006
- People’s Education – Freelance Photo Researcher for Educational Publishing
- Holt, Rinehart and Winston (now Harcourt Publishing) – In house and Freelance Photo Researcher, Studio Coordinator, Model Recruiter
- Teacher of Arts from the Hearts afterschool program teaching arts to elementary kids
- Katherine Anne Porter Charter School - Teacher of French, Art and Music
- American School of Modern Music – Paris, France – Certificate Jazz Music Theory and Composition on Piano, with minor studies in Voice, 2006 – 2010
- McGill Conservatoire – Montreal, Quebec – Adult Jazz Ensembles, 2006
- University of Texas – Austin, Texas – Semester Post Graduate Studies in Art History, 1998
- TEXAS A&M University – College Station, Texas – Double Major in French and International Studies, Cum Laude Graduate, 1994- 1998